Saturday, September 09, 2006

You'll doubtless all be ecstatic at the news that the pneumonia vaccine did me no lasting damage. I had a bit of a poorly arm for a couple of days, a symptom with which I extracted maximum sympathy form Best Beloved on his return from Nottingham, but that's about all.

Meanwhile, back in Side-Effects Land, I turned to the BNF (that's the British National Formulary, not some ultra right-wing nationalist party) yesterday for some info on aromatase inhibitors, since the onc is probably going to transfer me onto one of these little blighters now that I am now officially old*. Was hoping against hope that these new johnnies might have fewer side-effects that Tamoxifen (which has never made me really ill, I must admit, but rather permanently uncomfortable). Well, no such luck - promised side-effects are much the same really, with the added bonus of alopecia and osteoporosis. Oh joy, oh bliss! Watch as I turn into a wizened, balding crone before your very eyes!

Still, it's better than having cancer.

And, leaving on a positive note, at the end of this month I'll be four years on from my original diagnosis and still cancer-free. Huzzah!

* i.e. menopausal

No comments: