Friday, September 08, 2006

Spots before the eyes

Y'd think, based on the evidence of the past couple of days, that I was a big Hector's House fan, wouldn't you? Well, I'm not. Not really. I always found it a bit too twee and soppy for my more robust tastes (plus it was aimed at 4 year olds and I must have been well into my teens when it hit the screens). I was, however, moved to tearful nostalgia by a page on the same website about The Woodentops.

I loved The Woodentops, partly because one of the characters had the same name as me* (it's is a pretty big deal when you're three to have a TV star as a namesake, even if it is a wooden puppet) and partly because of the utter surreal fabulousness of Spotty Dog (the Biggest Spotty Dog You Ever Did See). I can still, old bones permitting (mine, not the Dog's), do a very passable impersonation of both Spotty Dog and Baby. Buy me a pint sometime and I'll show you.

*That's right - please refer to me as 'Mrs Scrubbit' from now on.

No comments: