Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggety-jig

Sometimes I think it would be better not to go on holiday. I mean, you go, you have a fabulous time and then you come back to, well, normality I suppose. And in my case, normality means emails I should have answered weeks ago, a mountain of transcribing which never seems to diminish, a house and garden in sore need of some serious tidying and the inevitable mound of post-holiday washing.

Having said that, it was an unexpectedly top-notch holiday. Everything was more than a cut above our expectations - great lodgings, terrific location, nice little hire car, yummy (and girth-increasing) food, and a visit to the tomb of El Cid (actually the tomb itself isn't very exciting, but it's a bloody lovely cathedral).

The new camera did yeoman's service - 432 shots in all, of which probably about 40 are any good - not a bad average for me, I'd have to say. Selected shots will be available for viewing just as soon as Husband gives me the flickr password.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi! Jen!

Glad yuo had a good holiday - will try to call you on Friday, seems ages sice we last cackled.

Have new blog so have added you (if you don't mind?!)
http://bardwell.wordpress.com/

lots of love,

Ben
x

Anonymous said...

Hey, it did work - where's it been all this time?

Theology Jen said...

yeah, it was cos I hadn't moderated it - notification email went to my old address and, well, ultimately I'm just a bit useless I suppose. Anyway, it's working like a worky thing now, so, Huzzah!