Thursday, July 26, 2007

Camera shy

I find myself in a bit of a quandary. Having had a substantial birthday cheque from The Mater I have almost decided to buy a new camera but am torn between a DSLR and a compact. I'd love the flexibilty you get from an SLR but am remembereing that I gave up my old 35mm one because I got tired of carrying all the kit around. So I think maybe I should go for a high-end compact, but then I'd loose out on the control that the SLR would give me. And then, I think, if I'm looking at compacts, I couldn't do much better than the Contax T2 (35mm) I already own, so why don't I just stock up on film for that puppy, and then use the birthday cheque to buy a really good scanner for the digitising plus a much better printer (which I'll need whatever I choose to do).

And then I think, if I wait a year, everything will get a bit cheaper or a bit better or a bit lighter or a bit functionalitier (or any/all of the above), so maybe I'll just hang on a bit ...

And so it goes ...

In the meantime I just keep taking not-bad snaps on my camera phone and thinking I could be doing much better if only I could make a decision.

Help!

No comments: